In Decoesphere We are constantly talking about candles. They are an indispensable element in the most romantic nights, they give a special, intimate atmosphere and you can even brighten the day with their fragrances. As we do not want you to stay only in its aesthetic function, today I want to propose to you to use your imagination and tricks of your grandmothers to recycle the remains that remain at home.
1. How pincushion. This has been done by my grandmothers for a long time. The remains of wax are combined, a ball is made and wrapped in cloth so that the different used pieces of wax do not come off. Using this solution as a pincushion or to light needles not only prevents them from coming off but the wax helps them to slide better through the fabric.
2. To grease the hinges of old doors. Simply rub a candle on the hinges inside and they will slide more easily (with the candles out). It is a little more difficult than greasing them with oil by having to disassemble the door but it also works.
3. Help to the drawers to slide more easily. It is the same principle of action that I mentioned in the previous point, rub the drawer rail with wax and it will slide like silk. Here it is better to avoid the possibility of oil not to stain neither the furniture nor the contents of the drawer.
4. To light a fire in a chimney If you drop hot wax on a pineapple with which you are going to light the fire, it will ignite but it will be consumed more slowly, so that the fire will have more possibilities to endure. It also aromatizes the environment if the candles are fragrant.Advertising
5. To light an outdoor barbecue in a safe way and without the wind turning it off, you can use the typical birthday candles that blow and do not go out.
Surely you have other tricks with candles, I encourage you to share them with everyone.